Friday, September 18, 2015

imPRESS Manicure



    I am a busy stay at home mom and don't have much me time, and I defiantly don't have time to go to the nail salon to get my nails done. At best, I put some nail polish on during nap time and by the end of the day I have smudges and chips. Boo!!
 
    I was offered to try imPRESS Manicure Press On Nails for my review. I was super excited to try them and literally hounded the mailman until they came in. The colors were picked at random, but it's like they read my mind! One color was a neon pink with rhinestone hearts for the accents called Ecstatic Cling.

















 The other color was a matte taupe with glitter accent nails called Boogie Down.


















    I wanted to try the pink ones first, but I was a little scared that the rhinestone heart would come off and somehow magically appear in my daughter's mouth, so I decided to use the sparkly glitter accent nails from the Boogie Down package.

    I read the simple instructions and got started.
First I washed my hands. In the instruction booklet, they included a little nail file so you can file down any rough edges, which I thought was really neat. I decided to "roughen up" my nails so the adhesive would stick better to them so I used the nail file included to do so.

   I then took the nails out and put each nail on top of mine to find the ones that fit my nails the best, and after carefully selecting the right ones, put them down on the surface I was working on in order. Instead of filing any rough edges after I put my nails on, I decided to do it before. Once I was happy with the results, I used the cleansing cloth included and wiped off each nail to make sure they were free of any oils that could cause the adhesive not to stick properly.

    Each nail has a clear strip with a little tab at the bottom to pull off and expose the adhesive. After pulling off the tab, you press the nail firmly onto the top of your nail and make sure you press the corners from left to right and also near your cuticle. Super easy! Just repeat until you have finished. The instructions recommend for the next 30 minutes after application to not wash your hands and when you remember to keep pressing your nails down which activates the adhesive to stick more.

    I have to say that press on nails have come a long way from when I used them 15 years ago!!! These are super easy to put on, and you don't have to mess with any glues or drying times. These are available at many drugstores including Walgreens for around $7.99. They have so many cute and fun patterns and colors! I really can't believe how pretty they look! I have had mine on for 6 days now and they are still strong. I did notice that they are starting to gap a little between my cuticle because of nail growth, so I just put a clear coat of polish so my hair wouldn't get stuck in between them when I run my fingers though it.

    If you need to trim them, just cut them like you would with your regular nail! When it comes time that you want to take them off, just soak them in nail polish remover and they come right off!

    Check out the website for all the fun styles and colors they have!! www.imPRESSmanicure.com


Here is a picture of my results:








 


This post is powered by BrandBacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment