Thursday, August 20, 2015

Levels for Guitar Review




I have been playing the guitar for awhile now and it was something I picked up and "self taught" myself and I thought that I knew it all...well..I didn't!



Holding Technique
First off, the instructor spent time on the proper way of holding the guitar and where to put your arm. I mostly play acoustic so this was a big deal for me as I would easily get fatigued and cramp up in my wrist and get frustrated and put it down. Improper holding techniques can also lead to arthritis down the line and mess with your stamina.

I also got a kick out of the proper way to hold the pick! Someone who has never had a professional teach them would have no way of knowing this and this is one of the most crucial elements of playing a guitar...sound!


 Video Tutorial Segments
Each learning segment is in a different video so you can replay the video as many times as needed until you master the technique. It is labeled, numbered and has an individual link to it for easy reference and finding.


Fundamentals

 Jason Earnheart implements the core fundamentals in Beginner Guitar playing. You learn everything from names of strings, how to read tablature, picking drills, how to keep the beat with a metronome, and different scales.

Portability

You can even take it on the go with you and view the lessons on your iPad with no issues. I have had such a wonderful learning experience with all the tips and tricks given to me that I will be signing up for the intermediate courses!!

Final Thoughts

I think these lesson plans that Jason Earnheart put together are a fantastic rendition of the core fundamentals of guitar playing and that even the most clueless person can grasp the easy lessons and techniques that he uses. Everything has a purpose and is in certain order for a reason and Jason really puts everything into perspective. 

 



*I was able to receive a free lifetime membership in exchange for my unbiased reviews and honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment